Saturday night I hung out with some friends in a downtown warehouse where guitars are built and we played darts and laughed til way too late. I haven't played much guitar since I moved to North Carolina and I have no idea why; every time I pick one up I think, "I really love this, why don't I do this more often?" but then I get distracted and busy and my guitars get dusty, something that never happened for the first 13 years I played. The builder let me play some of his custom guitars and their beauty was not merely asthetic; the sound was wonderous. I preformed all the time in college, playing and singing and yet haven't done it since. It was odd to find myself doing it again; actually singing in front of people, especically since I used to do it regularly. It was a part of my daily routine and now that part of me has been buried by so much other stuff. Dusting off the fingers and frets and finding that voice again was its own version of life-giving.
Happy Father's Day. Yay for fathers!
I'm starting to work contract programs for Montreat's Challenge Course. I had an interview with them last week and I think it went swimmingly, just further proof that I'm way better in person than I am on paper. First program is Wednesday.
Text Message of the Weekend: "Lots of things make me think of Taps...like popcorn and everytime I throw up in a bush." --Caroline Romano (in reference to the time four of us went Taps, a townie bar, 8 days straight on a quest to become "regulars" back in 2003 in what has come to be known as "Taps Week")
There are currently six pairs of shoes in my car. Why I don't know.
Had a hypoglycemic attack this morning and lost my vision for a bit. That was scary but I got juice and didn't pass out so game on, suckas. Nobody gonna break my stride.
No comments:
Post a Comment